The Urbane Magician
|The Urbane Magician|
The Urbane Magician is a potential Chief Engineer crew member.
Background[edit | edit source]
He's a good engineer, despite that missing hand. But zailors fall silent when he passes.
Character description[edit | edit source]
"Something silver looks out through his eyes."
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
The Urbane Magician is obtained by completing the Genial Magician storylet:
- Get a Serpent-Image by one of the following methods:
- Go to Venderbight, do the Explore Venderbight action until you get the A Serpent-Image random event (5% chance). Since random events depend on luck, you may have to return to Venderbight many times with Something Awaits You before you get this. In this event, do the The Genial Magician has a use for it action.
- A more reliable way is to bring 1 x Sack of Darkdrop Coffee Beans to Irem and choose The House of the Amber Sky to enter the Mirror-Marches where you can Retrieve a Serpent-Image.
- Next go to Khan's Heart, do the Find help for the Genial Magician interaction and choose any of the actions. You will need one of the following three payments:
- Finally return to London and visit The Forgotten Quarter. Reach the Fourth part and do the Welcome the Urbane Magician aboard action. To complete the Forgotten Quarter storylet you will need:
- There's still a fixed 70% chance you'll get The Satisfied Magician instead of The Urbane Magician
Interactions[edit | edit source]
|Dispel the darkness?|
|Increase your Veils||Game note: Spend a Secret to improve your Veils, if it is no higher than 100.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
|Cooks||Bandaged Chef-Paramount • Bandaged Poissonnier • Nacreous Outcast • Nacreous Survivor • Scrimshaw Chronicler • Shady Cook|
|Chief Engineers||Gall-Eyed Engineer • Genial Magician • Prudent Magician • The Satisfied Magician • The Urbane Magician • Maybe's Daughter • Maybe's Rival • Nobody's Daughter • Tireless Mechanic|
|First Officers||Carnelian Exile • Sigil-Eaten Navigator • Sigil-Ridden Navigator • Sly Navigator • The Merciless Modiste • Your Father|
|Gunnery Officers||Irrepressible Cannoneer • Longshanks Gunner • Presbyterate Adventuress • Wistful Deviless|
|Surgeons||Brisk Campaigner • Cladery Heir • Determined Doctor • Disillusioned Doctor • Haunted Doctor • Indomitable Campaigner • Plausible Surgeon • The Lady in Lilac • The Scarred Sister|
|Mascots||Albino Tinkerer • Comatose Ferret • Elegiac Cockatoo • Eyeless Skull • Guinea Page • Keeper-Moth • Monkey Foundling • Parabolan Kitten • Parabolan Panther • Vigilant Idol • Wretched Mog|
- Not a real game item, just an event or action that advances the Magician's storyline